You danced and warbled all through the night,
sun glanced through my window blinding my sight,
toiled recoiled down in my trough,
foiled again my love doth cast off.
It was cold out, it was sold out,
I pulled out of my dull house,
Death! Ever so far away from the sage grouse,
but then again, ever so near to the field mouse.
That telephone is ringing, my dear,
go on and pick it up, say “Who is here?”
for if you will not, who will?
neither mouse nor grouse, I fear.
He fell, did you fall?
no you did not, you in your shawl.
so let your knees give away.
let your knees give away, and crawl.
towards that light,
at the end of the hall.
I know it is hard, it is rough,
and tough,
in your damnable pall.
You in your cloud of what should be,
and what is not,
and what could be,
and what will not.
I promise you this:
A promise is no promise,
If it is amiss.
No comments:
Post a Comment